LEARN TO RIDE A HORSE
Singapore Turf Club Riding Centre provides a range of horse riding programmes for members of the public to learn about horse riding and horse care.
Whether you are new to horse riding or a seasoned rider, the Centre offers riders a safe and conducive environment to ride and bond with horses.
The team of qualified instructors will accompany you on your riding journey and up your horsemanship in the very arena that was home to the inaugural Youth Olympic Games Equestrian Jumping event.
A 30-minute riding competency assessment with our certified riding instructor is required. Please note that the assessment is mandatory and non-refundable.
Based on the assessment, our riding instructor will recommend the most suitable lesson level and type for you.
Saddle up and get started by booking your lessons.
We recommend taking a trial ride before enrolling in the beginner course. Please note that the trial ride is optional and is non-refundable.
Beginner Course Lesson Plan:
Lessons are designed to help new riders master the fundamentals of horse riding.
Riders are required to complete five sessions of Lunging lessons, which will focus on improving balance and correcting riding positions, under the guidance of our Riding Instructors.
Riders will then progress to seven sessions of Horse Handling lessons, which will emphasise on learning how to stop, stir right and left and to trot independently.
Beginner Course Lessons Schedule
Lessons on Saturday or Sunday afternoon*
Lessons scheduled at your convenience*
*45 minutes per lesson. Subject to availability.
Sign up as a Friends of STCRC member to enjoy discounted rates on Private, Semi Private and Group riding lessons. Enquire via email at email@example.com or approach the Reception for more information.
Read our Rules and Regulations here.
^Terms and Conditions apply:
- Exclusively for riders paying public riding rates or FOSTCRC riding rates, where applicable.
- Lessons must be booked and attended between 1 November 2023 and 31 January 2024.
- To enjoy the promotion, all 10 lessons must be private or semi-private types and on weekdays.
- Full payment for 8 lessons is due at point of booking.
- No shows are non-refundable. Lesson times are subject to availability.
- Lessons are for individual riders and are non-transferrable.
- Singapore Turf Club reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice and without assigning any reason.